Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Tuesday 25th May 2010

The past week or so have been quite dry and not very inspiring unfortunately. But today has been fantastic!
I got into college early in order to get the most out of the day. I am charged, but had a while recapping where i had left off.
The state i was in was lost and my project was not really taking any direction. I had a look at what i wanted and needed to do and broke it down part by part. I experimented with various fonts, tyring to be relevant but also appealing to my audience, and after a few sheets of experimentation, decided to go out into the streets to grab some inspiration:


After that i went back into the classroom to see what i could take from simplification of shapes:


Unfortunately, i still wasn't getting a result that really reflected what my project was about. I gave myself a moment to think and step back from complicated and illegible designs and thought what would be the most relevant font?
The font i decided on was a badly spray painted hand font. It is always noticeable in the hope that maybe it will be an offencive phrase and therefore could attract the attention of the audience. I will also be putting it on a white sheet of paper (A3) so that it remains clear and even more noticeable.

Here is an example of the font that i will use:


To conclude, i am very excited and motivated now and am coming up with ideas and am forming a solid vision of how i want my work to look when it is finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment